Ok gidgets, no first hand account of the waves from last weekend. It looked like there was some fun swell though. I’m still not allowed to surf because of my knee injury from the car drop in. But at least I got rid of the terminator leg and my leg is more looking like a leg again rather than a tree trunk. And in other good news, while I have been sick puppy, the website fairies have been here and given the Venus Goes Gidget site a bit of a make-over.
As promised, voila…the new Venus Goes Gidget site. Not only did it get a new outfit and new logo as sported also on the Venus Goes Gidget Instagram and Venus Goes Gidget Facebook page, but we’ve also cleaned up the site a bit so it should be easier to find your way around.
Under home you’ll see the following categories:
- Wave Wisdom: That’s where you’ll find surf tips, ocean knowledge, insights into the surfing world and anything else you need to know when you are just starting out as a gidget and you are still pretty new to the surfing world.
- Gidget Gear: If you want to know about surfboards, wetsuits, rashvests, leash, fins… where to get them, how to fix them, etc. then Gidget Gear is the place to look.
- Great Gidgets: Here’s some inspiration for you. Once a month or so, we’ll bring you an inspiring gidget to tell you about their love for the waves and surfing.
- Surf Style: You’ll find everything around surfing that’s not necessarily happening in the water but still of interest for the common gidget. Food for gidgets, Surf movie reviews, Surf fashion, exercise for gidgets, etc.
- Surf Stories: That’s where you can read about weekend wave wraps, stories from surf trips and any other surf stories from a woman’s surfer point of view.
If you want to take a surf lesson or come for a weekend away or if you want to buy a surf lesson for someone, check out ‘Get your Gidget on’
If you want to find out more about what ‘Venus Goes Gidget’ is about and who’s behind it, look under ‘About Venus Goes Gidget’ and if you want to get in touch with us…you’ve guessed it right…check out ‘Get gidget on the phone’.
Thanks to all loyal readers and subscribers over the last couple of years (we are about to hit the 25,000K mark! Whoop whoop). We hope you like the new Venus Goes Gidget site. Please let us know if there is anything else you would like to see on the new site.
Have a great week gidgets and friends of gidgets, despite the thick rain clouds out there. And fingers crossed next Monday, we’ll be back reporting from great surf.
PS To the subscribers of the old VGG site:
Because we’ve changed the site, you’ll need to subscribe again in order to receive the latest post in you inbox as you used to. Just go to the homepage and pop your email address in the subscribe box.
And sorry if you got some posts from previous years, that was a technical glitch due to the site change over. Everything should be back to normal now. Please let us know if you experience any issues with it still.