If you are a committed gidget and surf a lot, it’s likely that you are one of those fortunate people who can polish off desserts without any major repercussions to your waste-line. Having said that, your body will thank you for it if you do put healthy food into it rather than loads of sugar. If you do have a sweet tooth like myself that can be a challenge at times…but then it all changed…
Brace yourself, gidgets…there is a healthy variation of chocolate mousse and it’s amaaaaaaazing and easy to make. Tried and loved.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or coconut oil, or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup honey, or agave, or maple syrup
- 3 dates soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and chopped
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Chopped pistachios
- Sea Salt
- Chopped fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- Sliced bananas
- Shredded coconut
1. Add ingredients to a blender or food processor in this order: oil, dates, honey, vanilla, half your non-dairy milk, avocados, cocoa powder.
2. Blend until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Add additional non-dairy milk until the pudding is the consistency you want. A little on the thin side is best since it will thicken after chilling in the refrigerator.
3. Spoon into ramekins or bowls, cover and chill.
4. Top with your favorite fruits, nuts, or other yumminess, and enjoy!
Thanks Lucy Jackson for sending me this kick a…e recipe…what a treat!