Another year is coming to an end. It’s been a very exciting year for Venus Goes Gidget. Lots and lots has been happening. Venus Goes Gidget has evolved from a surfing blog from a woman’s point of view to a business that’s dedicated to inspiring women through surfing. In addition to our tips and insights, which we are still sharing on the gidget blog, we now offer wonderful invigorating surf weekend retreats for women combined with yoga down the coast. We’ve had fantastic feedback and can’t wait for the next weekends coming up. Venus Goes Gidget had also outgrown it’s old home and outfit, so we gave Venus Goes Gidget a new look and a new website as well.
We could not have done that without the support and help of many peeps. I would like to take the opportunity to thank all of you who have helped along the journey:
- Thanks to everyone who came along to one of our weekends or any of our other surf experiences. It was great to see everyone lighting up with joy catching your first waves. We hope you’ve remembered that joy and managed to bring it back into your every day lives.
- Thanks to all our loyal readers, followers and ‘likers’. We’ve hit the 30,000 views mark on our site, more than 500 Facebook likes and heaps of new followers on Instagram and Twitter. We hope you got inspired to get in the water and found one or the other useful tip in our posts and articles. Thank you for being part of the Venus Goes Gidget community.
- Thanks to all surfing women who have featured on Venus Goes Gidget as ‘Great Gidget’. Your interviews has given other women a glimpse of what it means to be a surfing women and maybe the encouragement to get into the water.
- Thanks to Ali Dear for being the best partner in crime ah surf. Love your work, commitment and of course your food, gorgeous lady. It’s great to have you on board for the weekends. Looking forward to many more in the years to come.
- Thanks to Rachel, our contributor and gidget extraordinaire. You are one very talented writer and very much looking forward to many more exciting surf stories from your gidget journey.
- Thanks to the very brilliant and beautiful people at Monogram who translated my vision into the best branding ever. Thanks Amy, Paul and Lauren. You rock.
- Thank you to Duc, Mike and Kat for helping with the technical side of the Venus Goes Gidget site.
- Thanks to everyone who has helped spread the word when we launched the new Venus Goes Gidget site.
- Thanks to Dripping Wet Bondi for Gidget Gear supplies and spreading the word.
- Thanks to my friends who have been great ambassadors and great supporters throughout the year. Thanks for your feedback, support and endorsements. Special thanks on the ambassador front to Jo, Bethan, Anna, Janneke, Cherith only to name a few…
- Thanks to all the doctors and nurses at Royal Randwick who stitched me back together after the car drop in and helped keep the Venus Goes Gidget dream alive. And most importantly, thank you so much to my friends for keeping me in good spirits during that tough time. Special thanks to Julia, Rachel, Johanna and Amy.
- And last but not least, thanks to my beautiful partner Daniel. I don’t really have enough words to thank you. Your support and belief in me & Venus Goes Gidget has been endless. You are the best.
We are looking forward to what the next year will bring. We’ve got many exciting ideas in store and we can’t wait to bring them to life. Most importantly though, we’ll hope to inspire many more women through surfing and instill some of that female spirit back into the world of surfing.
Thank you, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Gidgets and friends of Gidgets.
Lots of Love