I just realised it’s the last day of summer today. Admittedly, straight away I defaulted to “Oh nooooo I don’t want summer to be over” but then I thought hang on it’s actually not such a bad thing…
7 reasons why you should be happy about the end of summer:
- It’s the perfect excuse to start planning your overseas surf trip
- The tourists who descended on us over summer, will slowly but surely retreat back to their country of origins or chase summer elsewhere.
- You won’t need as much sunscreen.
- The best season for surfers is coming up. We get the winter swells but the water is still nice and warm and you can still get away without surfing in a steamer.
- The line-up is less busy now that summer surfers go into hibernation
- You don’t have to get up too early in order to get a surf at sunrise in. Sunrise is at 6.30 am…that’s almost normal people get up time.
- Colder temperatures call for heart warming food…bring on the Schnitzels I say.
…and if you are still depressed about the end of summer…really even though it does not look like it right now, there will still be plenty more sunny warm days. We live in Australia after all and then think of the waves, yes, did I mention we get the best waves this time of the year :-)
On that note, yay welcome Autumn, who needs summer anyway…