I’ve had the pleasure to get to chat to Jules Galloway the other day, a gidget from Byron Bay. Not only is she a gidget but she’s also a naturopath, a raw food artist and a legend when it comes to raw desserts. It’s her mission to take the fear and boredom out of gluten, dairy and sugar free living and she’s shared this divine recipe with us.
Jules’ Blueberry Cheesecake ticks all the boxes for happy gidgets:
1. easy to make – tick; 2. healthy (believe it or not, no dairy – cheese free cheesecake…yes, it’s true, gluten or sugar) – tick; 3. yummy – tick
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 12 dried apricots
- a little extra coconut oil for greasing the tin
- 250g raw cashews
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil (liquid)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- Pop your almonds, desiccated coconut and dried apricots into your food processor and process until the mixture becomes slightly sticky.
- Press into the base of a 25cm springform tin which has been lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Next, put your cashews, blueberries and coconut nectar into your blender and blend on a low to medium speed until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil and blend on a medium speed until smooth and silky.
- Pour into your tin and freeze for 2 hours or until set.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.