The Spicy Tuna Burgers by our nutritional coach & wellness gidget Becky Bell were an absolute hit at the recent Surf&Yoga escape and upon popular request, here it is gidgets! Bon Appetit! Over to Becky…
Spicy Tuna Burgers created by Becky Bell
I used to pass on making my own food due to recipes being over complicated, fear of failure and the process being time consuming, for professional women, many of you mum’s, you will relate. These have been created from having a fearless attitude & playing in the kitchen, I love these burgers as each time you make them you can keep adding in/swapping in the flavours and co-creating yet another masterpiece, so let this be your guide. My intention is to de-mystify cooking so you too can see how easy & fun getting creative in the kitchen can be.
- 3 large/6 small sweet potato- chop into bite size chunks (TIP: put on the sweet potato night before or breakfast time- smells delish)
- Drizzle over olive oil
- Rock/sea salt & nutmeg – sprinkle over
- ½- 1 tin of chick peas
- Roast 20-30 mins- 160 c
Check and gently shake baking tray 2-3 times during cooking. Stand to cool- leave on tray. Then blend half above once cooked- nutribullet- vitamix- blender and mash the remainder with a fork for added texture.
Slice-chop & add:
- 2 large shallots
- 2 large chillies – medium hot- play to find your happy medium!
- Fresh coriander- ½-3/4 bunch
- ¼ fresh lime
- Fresh parsley – ½ bunch
- 2 whole free range ‘happy’ eggs
- 1 large tin of tuna- in olive oil- lightly drain & add
- ¼ red capsicum
- Gluten-free (if sensitive to bloating) bread crumbs
Fold in with wooden spoon and make palm- size patties- until all used up. You can lightly fry in olive oil/coconut oil/combo of both. Cook until golden each side.
- 1 whole cucumber- wash & leave skin on – into clean blender for few seconds
- Stir into natural yoghurt
- Use remainder Lime- cut into pieces and squeeze over burgers
Place onto burger rolls/into wraps /on top or in lettuce leaves (like a wrap).
- Made with love & passion for food
- Sit, eat, enjoy, connect with friends/family & nourish your soul
“Anyone can cook, but the fearless become great chefs”
x Becky Bell
Our nutritional coach & wellness gidget