Venus Goes Gidget are now looking for some talented peeps to join us in our mission to inspire women to and through surfing.
In particular, we are looking for the following positions:
- Gidget intern (Social Media, PR and Marketing)
- Retreat gidget (Coordinator/Surf coach for our escapes)
- Contributing gidgets for our blog (Writers and Photographers)
Interested? Read on for more details…
Gidget Intern (Social Media, PR & Marketing Intern)
We are looking for a superstar Social Media, PR and Marketing intern
- love surfing and the ocean
- are a quick learner, have a positive outlook on life and a can-do attitude
- know your stuff when it comes to social media,
- are great at communicating with people
- can use Photoshop or Indesign
- ideally, but not mandatory, have worked with WordPress, Mailchimp or some other sort of CMS before
- and you have experience with marketing/social media and/or public relations,
then you are our gidget.
The role is best suited to someone currently studying or a recent graduate in comms/marketing who wants to work in the surf industry and to learn the basic ins and outs of social media, (content)-marketing and PR. Tasks will include (but are not limited to) updating Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, partner and media outreach, Newsletters as well as general admin duties and a bit of creative fun.
The working environment is casual and relaxed, and based in Tamarama right next to the beach. The candidate will be required to attend one day per week from 9am – 530pm and must be happy to join in on a lunch time surf ;-)
The position is unpaid, for an immediate start and for 3-6 months with potential employment opportunities at the end of this term. You will be required to bring your own laptop each week and any expenses incurred working (eg. taxi services or out of pocket costs) will be covered.
If this sounds like you, please send through your CV, cover letter, any links to social media pages/previous work/blog/websites and a brief paragraph in the email on why you think you’d be suited to the role.
Send your email to email@example.com with the subject line: Intern
Retreat Gidget (Coordinator/Surf Coach for Surf&Yoga Escapes)
We are looking at building a small reliable team of lovely ladies who would like to run our 2-Day Surf&Yoga Escapes and take on the surf-coaching side of things during the escape.
- are passionate about surfing and sharing that passion with others
- are an ISA certified surf coach (or you are an experienced surfer who wants to become one).
- have previous experience with retreats would be fantastic
- are 100% reliable
- have a positive attitude, are easy to talk to and get along well with all type of personalities.
- a multi-tasker with can do attitude and hands-on during the weekend
- are customer focused and deliver our high level of customer service at all times in a professional, courteous, sensitive and friendly manner
then we would love to hear from you!
Your main task would be to ensure that our guests have the time of their life, in and out of the water. You’ll be the person responsible for the smooth running of the escape as well as responsible for the surf sessions. Tasks will include coordinator focused tasks such as set up for the weekend, welcome guests, be the go-to person for the guests on the weekend, provide meals and snacks throughout the day (n.b. meals are catered for, just need to be warmed up and served up, also requires table-setting and clean up together with yoga teacher), coordinate timings on yoga and surf sessions with yoga teacher; and also surf coaching which includes surf check and venue analysis, organisation of surf sessions according to skill level and surf coaching (min of three – maximum of six sessions).
If you think you’ve got what it takes, get in touch! Ideally, you would already have the ISA surf coach qualification but happy to invest in training for you if we think you are the right person for the job. Even if you are ISA certified already, successful candidates will have to undergo some training to learn the VGG way of personalised surf training.
It’s a paid position on a contract basis.
If this sounds like you, please send through your CV and a brief paragraph in the email on why you think you’d be suited to the role.
Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Coordinator/Coach
Contributing gidgets (writers and photographers)
We are always on the look-out for talented writers and photographers to cover the topics Surf Fashion, Surf Food, Surf Travel, General Surf Stories for the female, mature surfer.
If you would like to contribute to Venus Goes Gidget, please send us a brief bio, a headshot, and a writing sample (presumably your first contribution) or for photographers, please send us a link to your work.
Send your email to email@example.com with the subject line: Contributor
We look forward to hearing from you!
Claudia and team ~